MANILA, Philippines – The search is on again for the Capacity Development Awards for Catalysts of Excellence (CapDev ACE).
Following the success of its first year, the Local Government Academy (LGA) is preparing to recognize another batch of employees of the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG).
The LGA has once again opened the nominations for the second CapDev ACE, its yearly initiative to incentivize outstanding performance among DILG employees and offices.
Those who want to submit names for consideration must download the forms from the website and submit it along with the other requirements found in the checklist to the LGA. The deadline for submissions is on June 30.
Individual nominees can fall under the following categories for exemplary performance:
- Dangal ng Kawaran (People’s Choice Award): The winner is a department employee whose contributions have directly propelled the local governance regional resource center’s (LGRRC) thrust.
- Singsing ng Tanikala (Best City or Municipal LGOO): This award goes to the city or municipal Local Government Operations Officer (LGOO) who introduced reforms or whose influence led to progress in good local governance.
- Bagwis ng Agila (Best LGRRC Manager): This is automatically awarded to the Assistant Regional Director of the Best LGRRC Award.
- Tatag ng Agila (Best Regional Director): Aside from implementing capacity development programs, projects, and activities, the winner must have demonstrated the management competency framework.
There are also awards for teams known as LGRRC Champions:
- Bugkos ng Bayan (Best Cluster/Highly Urbanized City/Province): Teams should have developed innovative systems and processes that have impacted their communities.
- Ugnay ng Mamamayan (Best LGRRC): The best LGRRC must have implemented concrete and sustainable capacity development programs while practicing knowledge sharing.
Bagwis ng Agila is a new category while Singsing ng Tanikala was changed from the best regional focal person to the best city or municipal LGOO.
The LGA first launched the CapDev ACE in 2016. At the time, it featured 5 awards, two team awards and three individual awards. They announced the following winners during the awarding ceremony on December 16, 2016:
- Dangal ng Kagawaran: Lennie Yap
- Singsing ng Tanikala: Elsbeth Maralli
- Tatag ng Agila: Florida Dijan
- Bugkos ng Bayan: DILG Quezon City
- Ugnay ng Mamamayan: DILG Region 6
For inquiries, you may call the Human Resource Development Division at (02) 634-1912 loc. 120.