LGA begins final phase of CapDev ACENovember 29, 2016
MANILA, Philippines – One of the most effective ways of improving performance is by rewarding it. Incentives and awards recognize a person’s effort while setting a benchmark for everyone else to follow.
In preparation for its own award, the Local Government Academy (LGA) interviewed finalists for the Capacity Development Awards for Catalysts of Excellence (CapDev ACE) on November 25, 2016. This is in preparation for the Awards Night on December 16, 2016.
Finalists came from the Department of the Interior and Local Government’s (DILG) personnel and units across regions. There are 5 categories, which are divided into individual—Awards for Exemplary Performance—and team—Local Government Regional Resource Center (LGRRC) Champions—awards.
Under the Awards for Exemplary Performance are the following:
- Tatag ng Agila (Capacity Development Leadership Award)
- Singsing ng Tanikala (Outstanding Focal Persons for LGA Programs): This is given to the best performing regional focal person in any LGA-led major programs along the DILG’s 4 sectoral outcome areas.
- Dangal ng Kagawaran (People’s Choice): This is awarded to an individual for performance of an extraordinary act or public service and consistent demonstration of exemplary ethical behavior, and/or an outstanding contribution.
There are two awards under the LGRRC Champions category:
- Bugkos ng Bayan (Most Outstanding Cluster/ Highly Urbanized City/ Province): A team that has contributed significantly to improving the DILG services extended to local governments.
- Ugnay ng Mamamayan (Most Outstanding LGRRC): The LGA will choose one winner from the 6 finalists, which are based on the results of the LGRRC assessment in 2016.
The awards are part of the overall human and social development efforts of the DILG to invest in its people. It is supported by DILG Circular No. 2001-17 promulgating DILG Program on Awards and Incentives for Service Excellence (PRAISE).
The CapDev ACE is the first single award mechanism to recognize the outstanding performance of the DILG personnel across regions.